So I published How To Learn Gutenberg Development, which outlines a roadmap for learning ES6, React, Redux, and Gutenberg. This is a proven, and sure way to master Gutenberg.
But this approach also takes time. In fact several readers have reached out to me expressing that they don’t have time for a long learning process.
With Gutenberg in Core, developers need to be productive with Gutenberg right now.
As a consequence I’ve reworked my initial learning approach, to fit with this short timeframe. The learning process outlined below takes 6 days, or 3 weekends, or 48 hours.
At the end of it, you’ll be able to:
- Adapt existing WordPress themes to work with Gutenberg content.
- Add Gutenberg specific features to themes.
- Understand the basics of React.
- Feel comfortable exploring Gutenberg’s user interface component library.
- Develop custom Gutenberg blocks.