This website only collects data where you have given your consent or when it is for our legitimate interests.
In this note, you’ll find out:
- The personal data that we collect;
- Where we got your personal data from;
- Your personal data rights;
- Your right to object to our processing your personal data and withdrawing consent;
- How and when we use that personal data;
- Whether we share your personal data with anyone else;
- For how long will we keep your personal data;
- How you can access your personal data;
What data do you collect?
When you browse our website, the personal data that we collect includes your IP address, the pages you viewed, the time of your requests, the time spent on a page, mouse events, keypresses, browser, and operating system and version. We collect your personal data using Google Analytics.
If you use the Contact or Topic Suggestion form, the personal data we collect potentially your name and email address. We collect this personal data from you, via our website, when you have submitted the form. In this case the lawful basis for processing your data is that it is consent.
We always ensure that we have a lawful basis for processing the personal data that we collect. When you browse our website, the lawful basis for processing your data is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests to understand how people are using our website in order to improve the experience for our visitors.
What are my rights?
You have the right to request access to your personal data, amendments to it, and for it to be deleted. Further information about those rights along with your right to withdraw any consent you’ve given or object to our processing your data can be found in our data protection policy by clicking here. That policy also includes who to speak with if you have any queries about our approach to processing your personal data.
But just what are you doing with that data?
We’re committed to using your personal data responsibly and lawfully. here’s what we do with your personal data:
- We use data collected from our website visitors, including IP address, viewed pages, time of visit, time spent on site, browser information, mouse movement, keypresses, and operating system and version information to understand the user journey on our website so that we can better tailor the experience for all of our website visitors.
- We use data collected via the contact form to respond to visitor requests.
- We use data collected via the suggest a topic form to find new ideas for editorial content. If the name and email are submitted along with an idea, we will contact you if we have further questions about the topic, or to inform you that the topic was covered in an article.
Where is my data stored?
The following safeguards are in place:
- We use Google Analytics for website analytics, and your data may be transferred outside of the EU. When this happens, your data is protected by the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, adhered to by Google Analytics.
- We use plain email for transmitting data from the contact form. We do not share email data with third parties, won’t spam you, or do anything else nefarious.
- We use plain email for transmitting data from the contact form, and store a copy of the submitted data in the websites database for easier referencing. We do not share email data with third parties, won’t spam you, or do anything else nefarious. We delete any topic requests that have been covered in editorial content.
Do you ever share my data?
As a remote company that is heavily reliant on cloud technologies, your data will be shared with some third-party companies. When we share your data with third-parties we conduct an impact assessment to ensure that your data remains protected. The instances when we transfer data to a third-party are:
- When data is sent to Google Analytics to monitor behaviour and traffic to our website
How long do you keep my data for?
We only keep your data for as long as we require it for the purposes we outlined above. The maximum that we will keep your data for is:
- IP Address – 50 months
- Pages views – 50 months
- Time of requests – 50 months
- Time on a Page – 50 months
- Mouse events – 12 months
- Keypresses – 12 months
- Browser – 50 months
- Operating system and version – 24 months
A cookie is a small file (typically letters and numbers) which may be placed on your computer when you access our website. Through the cookie we can recognise your computer and browsing activity if you return to the website.
We use Google Analytics which allows us to collect information about how you use our site. If you access our website directly (and not via an email) your visits will be tracked anonymously. We use Google Analytics and to understand how our website is being used in order to improve the experience for you. All user data is anonymous.
You are able to manage cookies. For more information click here. If you want to block all cookies all of the time you can set your computer preferences to do so.
Our website does not require you to input personal data to use it. You may however volunteer personal data such as your name and email address to request information, updates and our services. That information is required to deal with your query appropriately.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You can contact us at frank at kleinconsulting dot lu.